Making the perfect cold brew at home isn’t difficult but details matter. Here’s how to fuel your day with buttery smooth cold brew.
You will need:
- Whole bean coffee
- Spring or filtered water
- 32oz wide mouth mason jar
- Coffee filter
- Cotton twine
Starting with great coffee is essential for great brew. Any coffee bean can be used but we suggest our COLD BREW coffee beans for the smoothest brew. BARISTA or DAYBREAK are great choices for medium roast lovers. The perfect grind is coarse ground and using a burr grinder is preferable.
- 1⁄4 cup whole bean coffee, grind coarse
- Pour grounds into center of coffee filter
- Lift edges of the coffee filter to create a bag and tie at the very top with twine. Coffee grounds should be able to move around freely with the coffee filter.
- Place bag into glass jar and fill with room temperature water
- Secure lid and allow 18 hours to brew at room temperature Pour over ice and enjoy!
Tips for calculating 18 hours
Work backwards from the time you want your cold brew ready. The chart below is extremely handy. ENJOY!
|Brew Start||Brew Complete|